Perfectly positioned between the last NSW State Series event and the NSW BMX State Championships, ShredFest is the perfect opportunity to practice against the best BMX racers from NSW and beyond.
Racing in classes including:
- Open Wheel age classes
- Novice Junior and Senior
Trophies will be awarded for the top 3 in each age class. ShredFest is the perfect way to keep your race form and have a blast at the same time.
We encourage people to register online prior to the event, but we’ll also have registration available on site:
- Saturday 12 – 3 pm
- Sunday 8 – 9 am
- Note: to allow for final organisation of the racing registration on Sunday the 15th will close at 9 am sharp.
- Practice 8 am – 10 am
- Racing – 4 Motos, starting at 10 am
- followed by a break
- after the break, finish off with Moto 4 prior to finals
- Top 8 in each age group go through to the finals (note, no semi-finals)
- Age classes with less than 8 riders, all riders proceed to finals, no dead-man
- Sprockets and mini-wheelers will ride a 5th Moto
- Presentations directly after finals
Timing for Challenge Classes
ShredFest will be a transponder timed event, please ensure you have your transponder registered with BMX Australia prior to the event itself. If you do not have a transponder you can still enter ShredFest and enjoy all the fun, but you won’t receive a score.
There will be a limited number of transponders available for hire at the event itself for $10 each. A $100 refundable deposit will be required.
Sprockets and Mini-Wheelers are participation classes and are not timed or scored events.
Anyone with a valid BMX Australia Open, Sprocket or Mini-Wheeler license is eligible to enter the BMX racing event in ShredFest.
The BMX racing event in ShredFest is a Class C event sanctioned by the Manly Warringah BMX Club under the BMX Australia Rule Book (Domestic BMX Events) 2019.
Note: the pump track challenge, whip-off and the obstacle/skill course are being organised by the Garigal Gorillas Mountain Bike Club and a MTBA license will be required to participate in these events.